Service excellence reduces delivery time by 24 hours
- Intricate heavy tooling consignment required specialist knowledge
- Complex international movement
- Delivered ahead of schedule, exceeding client expectations
When a tier one automotive supplier urgently needed to move heavy tooling equipment from Soest, Germany to Telford, England within just two days to set it back up and running as soon as possible, the Priority Freight team were challenged to promptly source an intricate solution. Whilst the consignment was only made up of three items, they were fragile, oversized and had a combined weight totalling more than 45,000kg.
After receiving the dimensions of the equipment, work began to identify the fastest, most cost-effective and reliable solution for transporting such a heavy consignment by road to Telford. Such specialist heavy equipment needs to be loaded and unloaded by crane and an even weight distribution on a vehicle is a primary consideration, especially when dealing with just three large parts.
Within Priority Freight’s fast reaction time of under 15 minutes, the optimum solution had been selected and agreed with the client. Two 13.6m trailers were sourced as part of the solution, both of which had retractable roofs to enable the required loading and unloading, and the reinforced flooring necessary for the heavy load.
The expertise demonstrated by the Priority Freight team, their local knowledge and close networking relationships allowed for the shipment to be delivered 24 hours ahead of schedule, saving the client both time and money.
Like with all shipments transported by Priority Freight, the client was given full visibility of their consignment and provided with updates at regular intervals. The team’s rapid response time, in-depth knowledge and constant communication exceeded the client’s expectations and they were delighted by the service excellence they received.
Working around the clock, the team:
- Displayed in-depth knowledge of transporting heavy tooling equipment to minimise the client’s production line downtime
- Provided total visibility and control to the client, ensuring they received constant communication relating to their consignment’s journey
- Secured a suitable vehicle that could deliver all 45,000kg of heavy tooling equipment in one shipment
- Demonstrated strong networking relationships and local knowledge to deliver 24 hours ahead of schedule beating client expectations