Priority Freight keeps a cool head to deliver temperature-controlled containers to Dublin
- Six temperature-controlled containers delivered next day from Medway to Dublin
- Uncontrollable set-back endangered time-sensitive deadline
- Strong relationships with local suppliers allow Priority Freight to be flexible when faced with delays
Whatever the time-sensitive logistical requirement, Priority Freight is able to provide quick, cost-effective and reliable solutions to meet demand, as demonstrated in a recent temperature-controlled delivery.
Even more so than with other time-critical consignments, delivering a temperature-sensitive consignment can be a challenge, and one that usually requires an urgent delivery deadline to reach its destination in the right state. Such was the case when Priority Freight was approached by a client to deliver six passive temperature-controlled containers from Medway, England to a pharmaceutical leader in Dublin, Ireland for next day delivery, whilst ensuring that the containers remained at exactly +20°C.
The Priority Freight team used their extensive knowledge to source a solution within their fast reaction time of under 15 minutes, arranging for the consignment to be picked up later that afternoon by an artic truck and delivered overnight to the specified location in Dublin. However, Priority Freight’s agility was tested when the team were informed that, due to a technical issue, the artic truck was running late and would not be able to collect the shipment until 8pm, three hours after the loading point closed. Due to the financial repercussions stressed by the client if not delivered on time, collecting the following day was not an option.
Thinking on their feet, the Priority Freight team sourced an alternative, local supplier to collect the containers within an hour and used their facility as a temporary forward stock location until the delayed truck could arrive for pick-up. All-the-while, the client received constant communication around the efficacy of the containers, along with regular updates to ensure they would be confident their deadlines would be met.
By keeping a cool head under immense pressure, and utilising local contacts, the team at Priority Freight ensured the temperature-controlled containers were delivered within the agreed, time-critical deadline. The team once again demonstrated how their knowledge and dedication to great customer service is at the heart of the business, proving that Priority Freight delivers even when faced with tough challenges beyond its control.
Working around the clock, the team:
- Kept a cool head under pressure to ensure the consignment was delivered within the urgent deadline
- Demonstrated strong relationships with local suppliers thus helping the client avoid financial repercussions
- Sourced an alternative, local supplier when faced with external circumstances and used their facility as a temporary forward stock location
- Provided constant updates to the client