Priority Freight displays speed, agility and reliability when called on for warehouse storage
- Due to a production line stoppage, over 400 pallets arrived at the warehouse for storage with just 48 hours’ notice
- All pallets were offloaded and stored ahead of schedule
- Priority Freight exceeded client expectations by saving them both time and money
Priority Freight’s speed and flexibility were put to the test when an automotive supplier gave just 48 hours’ warning before the arrival of over 400 pallets of automotive gearbox components to their Coventry warehouse. Due to an unexpected production line stoppage, the client didn’t have the capacity to store the components and required a fast and secure storage solution.
The client advised that the inbound delivery would be split into two loads, with the first eight containers arriving in just two days, requiring storage until the new year.
The experts at Priority Freight adeptly relocated the existing stock in the warehouse to ensure efficient delivery and storage within 12 hours of the request. With the warehouse prepared to accommodate the imminent influx of pallets, attention turned to safely streamlining the offloading process. When dealing with any offloading, the safety of all those involved is paramount.
The team at Priority Freight quickly devised a dynamic risk assessment, as is protocol with all warehouse storage, that was carried out against each inbound container and an hour-and-a-half allocated to unloading, checking and storing each pallet.
Due to the forward-thinking of the dedicated team, with two counterbalance forklift trucks working in tandem to handle the delivery volume, the automotive components were offloaded and stored in less than the allocated time. All-the-while, the client was kept informed as each container entered the warehouse and departed to the production site.
Throughout the project, the client received full visibility and control over their stock levels through a dedicated report, confident in the knowledge that the agreed weekly cycle count is carried out ensured 100% accuracy.
Using their determination, agility and planning skills, the Priority Freight team was able to save the client from extensive demurrage costs and delighted them with the excellent service provided.
Working around the clock, the team:
- Displayed in-depth knowledge of the processes involved to store and transport between 80-100 pallets a day
- Provided total visibiity and control to the client, ensuring they received constant communication and a weekly cycle count update on their consignment’s storage
- Demonstrated quick-thinking and dedication by relocating existing stock to accomodate the imminent influx of pallets
- Established a suitable offloading system to ensure that health and safety was a priority