At Priority Freight, we recognise the importance of environmental protection and we are committed to operating our business responsibly and to fulfil our compliance obligations relating to the provision of freight transportation services. It is our declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
We operate an integrated management system that complies with BS EN ISO 14001:2015.
We aspire to take all reasonably practical measures to enable us to meet necessary environmental requirements, and to continually improve our company’s performance by achieving the following objectives:
The management recognises that good environmental practice is vital to the well-being and public perception of both our company and that of our customers and suppliers. Our core activities are to provide logistical solutions for specific markets and industries where speed, reliability, and security are of the utmost importance.
Our policy towards effective management of the environment is as follows:
- We will comply with all relevant compliance obligations for all related activities and processes carried out on Priority Freight’s premises or customers’ sites and to use whatever influence we can to promote the same to all suppliers and contractors performing activities on our behalf.
- We intend as a primary objective to continually reduce and, wherever possible, prevent pollution resulting from any Priority Freight activities and processes. We intend to reduce waste when completing any process.
- We intend to continually improve our recycling and waste disposal to reduce our waste going to landfill sites.
- We will utilise the full potential of the workforce by providing all necessary training and a working environment that promotes safe and clean working practices.
- We shall continually monitor our activities and processes to ensure efficient use of resources and to minimise waste generation and nuisance to our neighbours.
- We will identify areas of business activity which may cause pollution and we will implement sufficient control measures to prevent pollution occurring.
- We shall ensure that industry good practice is used at all times.
- We will endeavour to continually improve the impact on the environment of both our outsourced delivery and employee transport.
On an annual basis, we will review the environmental performance of our company to:
- Meet our compliance obligations.
- Identify areas for improvement, set specific objectives for our company, wherever possible, and target dates for achievement to continually improve our processes and procedures.
This environmental policy is regularly reviewed to ensure its continuing suitability. This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers, and subcontractors and is made available to other interested parties.
Issue #2: August 2018